Select a sub-category:
- Command Prompt
- Event Viewer Errors
- In General
- Internet Explorer
- Keyboard Shortcuts - Use Them
- Specific Errors
- Tweaks and Customizations
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Windows XP
Microsoft Windows is by far the popular operating system in use today. Learning Windows is essential for any person looking to get a start in the IT field. In general, it operates as most operating systems do:
1. The OS loads shortly after the BIOS screen.
2. Once loaded, you select a user account to login.
3. Once logged in, you arrive at a desktop screen where you choose what to do next.
4. There is a command line interface for power users that can, once the syntax is learned, be used to perform tasks more efficiently. NOTE: There is often a way to get things done through a GUI, but it generally has much less options and is much slower.